Max is a visual programming environment available from www.cycling74.com.
Below is an example of video file control in Max. Follow the steps below to try it out.
(1) Download this video file:
(2) Download this Max patch:
(3) Ensure that the video file and Max patch are saved in the same folder.
(4) Import the Motion Synth App preset below into the Motion Synth App (see instructions underneath):
(5) Load the Max patch, and within Max go to Options > MIDI Setup: Ensure that Max is receiving MIDI messages from the Motion Synth App.
(6) Press 'Q' on the keyboard. The video window should open and the flower should respond to your motion (as long as you are touching at least one key) and change its colour depending on your Up-Down orientation.
iPhone/iPod touch (Safari):